Monday, February 10, 2014

Please Welcome Author C.N. Pinckard

Hello Ms. Pinckard. Welcome to my blog. Please tell me about your novel. Who or what was your inspiration behind it?

My novel is about a girl, Meranda who truly finds out who she is. It is also about a group of orcs and goblins working in a cave to capture the towns. My inspiration came from the lack of Young Adult fantasy lacking a strong female character. 

What are some of your favorite genres to read and to write?
             

Most are fantasy or Young Adult Fantasy.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What was the biggest compliment? Did those change how or what you did in your next novel?

My toughest criticism is that I tend to repeat words, such as Looked, quietly, quickly. Also that I wasn't descriptive enough. These things are easily changed, I just had to realize I had look a thesaurus and pull up the words I was repeating, it helped me a better writer.

When you sit down to write, do you do it the old-fashioned way with pen and paper or do you use a computer? Do you prefer one way or the other?

When inspiration hits, I usually have a pen and paper new by, but mostly I choose the computer as my typing is way faster than my hand writing.

What do you do when you are not writing? Do you pick up some from you to be read pile?

I am a stay at home mom currently, with an autistic 12 year old son. I have no time to do anything other than read. I am the autistic mother of 2 autistic boys, 17 and 12..

Compared to when you first started writing, have you notice any big changes in your writing style or how you write compared from then to now?

Even in the past year, my writing has improved than when I have started.

What do you look for in a book when you sit down to read for fun?

I love fantasy, I love elves, dragons and things as the such.

What has been your favorite part of being an author? What has been your least favorite?
The favorite part of being an author is the joy that people get when they read my books, the least favorite, is waiting for it to be published.

When you walk into a book store, where do you head to first? Why?

The fantasy section, I love it, it is my favorite second.

Did you get to quit your day job and become an author or do you still have a day job and writing is something you do for fun? If you still have a day job, what is it?
I was currently a student, but right now, I am a stay at home mom. I write when I can.

What has been the strangest thing that a reader has asked you?

Why do you write fantasy?

 What is your favorite junk food vice?

Chocolate.

Besides writing and reading, what is your most favorite thing to do?

Listening to music, and watching Crime drama's on TV. Also love super heroes.

Did you have any teacher in school that encouraged you to write? Did you take their advice?
No, no teachers encouraged me to write.

We all have our little things when it comes to reading, is there anything that bugs you when you read a novel? What is it?

I don't have much that bugs me, I keep an open mind when it comes to writing.

What do you listen to when you write? Do you find one type of music over another that inspires you to write? Why?

I listen to music from around the world from Deep Forest to Peter Kater, Even darker stuff like Raison D'etre

On a typical weekend, what can we find you doing? Who are you with?
Playing with my kids, or watching football with my husband.

What genre are you most looking forward to exploring during your writing career? Why?

I am starting to work on more of a fantasy mystery

Who was your current novel dedicated to? Any particular reason?

The current one that is out is dedicated to my friend who gave me the strength to get published

What are you currently reading?

Nothing, to busy with life to do much of anything

Who are your favorite authors?

John Flanagan, RA Salvatore, and Paul S. Kemp

What authors inspired you to write this particular novel? Why?

John Flanagan

What 7 words would you use to describe yourself.
Shy, Cautious, Sensitive, Emotional, Creative, Strong, Innovative


Which is your favorite character in your book and why? 

Meranda, because she is strong willed, and despite her hardships, she rose above them and conquered them.

 Is there anything else that you would like to share or say to those who will read this interview?
Continue to follow your dreams, don't ever give up. Don't let people discourage you to quit what you are doing. They are simply jealous that you are doing what you dreamed of doing.


Arising From Darkness by C.N. Pinckard


Always questioning the man who called himself her father, Meranda, had enough of torment and ran. Fueled by fear and knowledge that King Ledric was in the kingdom, the further she ran. With her goal in reach, death stalked her. Her father behind the ultimate betrayal. With Meranda's life pending, she would need the help of her dear friend Erissa, and a man on the run, Gavid.

With Treidon, a handsome forest elf, aiding her, he would investigate what measures had been taken to kill her and the power behind it. If her punishment had not been enough, a cruel mental toruture and torment was what lie ahead for Meranda. With the handsome elf by her side she would be safe.

While away, Gavid, begins a war, with the help of orcs and goblins. Taking over the kingdom, he plans to take control, but Lord Siebrien, an Elven man, stands in his way, wanting all control over Beris.

With Meranda awake and alive, her training must begin. She makes her way to Treidon. She will travel to Elmwick, home of the riftriders, and prepare to stop Siebrien and Gavid from taking over the realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment