Monday, January 27, 2014

We talked for hours after reading as my girl explored God's world!

Through the Eyes of a Child by Pam Funke
ISBN-13: 978-1490478067
Publisher: CreateSpace

Purchase the book:
Amazon

Book blurb:


God created the heavens and the earth. He created all of the plants, animals and birds of the air. He created man. When God was finished He looked at all that He had created and saw that it was good. Come see the world through the curious eyes of a child.

I gave this book 5 stars out of a total of 5 stars. This is the first book I've read by Pam Funke, and I love it! I have a 6 year old daughter and this book easily kept her attention. Not only that, but it generated many curious questions for her which opened such a beautiful line of communication between us. She started looking at other animals and making the connections between God and our world. I have to say, the thing I loved most about this book was that the author used real pictures, and not illustrations. It allowed my daughter to make tangible correlations in her world, as opposed to make believe characters. I recommend reading this book with your child, nieces, nephews, grandchildren, Sunday school classes... I personally plan on purchasing a few copies for Easter gifts.

This book is more than a book! I'm so pleased that I took the time to read it, and it was a gift to share this with my daughter.

If I had to give any feedback for future children's stories, I would suggest finding more opportunities to tie in vocabulary explanations. Example, Bella or the animals could ask, "What does forsaken mean?" Or "What does Alpha and Omega mean?" But at the same time, it's a great conversational piece between child and parent. However, the author seems to have an amazing ability to bring examples of God to children, so it would be beneficial to have her words. ~ Jennifer Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment