Monday, January 27, 2014

Gaining The World In Exchange for Your Soul

Operation Dark Angel: The Rise of Nicolaitanes
 by Pam Funke
ISBN-13: 978-1482675399
Publisher: CreateSpace

Purchase the book
: Amazon

Book blurb:

A mysterious voice tells General Ludlow about a military operation that will bring an end to the world's evil. Nicolaitanes Balac is given political power beyond what anyone has ever been entrusted with before. Who is the voice? Is this the type of power that should be given to a single man? What role will Nicolaitanes play in ending the world's chaos? Will mankind be able to withstand the growing evil spreading across the globe? Will Operation Dark Angel succeed?

I gave this book 5 stars out of a total of 5 stars. When I started reading Operation Dark Angel, I didn't know what I was in for. Now, I'm a little familiar with the Left Behind series but I'm definitely familiar with prophetic movies such as A Thief In The Night & A Distant Thunder (both from the 70s), Operation Dark Angel takes it up a notch. The prologue starts off with a shock (don't want to give this book away).

Operation Dark Angel is in my opinion part fiction, but the prophecy is not. I found myself reading it and thinking one, this is a long book (and had to put it down a few times to absorb it), but on the other hand, it really grabbed my attention. One can only read this book and feeling like they're watching today's news broadcast. Pam Funke takes the book of Revelation and puts it right in front of you. Only a fool would miss what's staring right in front of them.

The central theme of this book (again, not to give the plot away) is this: what profits a man to gain the world but lose his soul. And sadly, this is the plight for many people in this world today. I so look forward to reading the sequel to this book. Operation Dark Angel gave me a great reminder that this world is not my home and not put my trust in the things of this world. Great read! ~ Tremayne K Moore

 Book trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment