Sunday, June 23, 2013

Today I Welcome Author Jill Sanders

Good morning, Jill. Welcome to my blog. Thank you for taking the time to interview with us today. Please tell us about yourself.

I survived 80′s pop music, and life as an identical twin in a chaotic family of nine. A feat by any standard! I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, relocated to Colorado for college and a successful IT career at IBM in Boulder.

Narrowly escaping before all creativity was squashed, I jumped at the chance to trade the mundane world of computers for the sexy, exciting world of my own imagination. I now live in charming rural Texas writing wonderful novels such as the Pride series.

My debut novel, Finding Pride, was shortlisted in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards 2013, and has received glowing industry and reader reviews from around the world. My latest release is Discovering Pride. Yet another novel, Returning Pride, is slated for July 2013
.

Please tell me about your novel.


 Returning Pride is the third book in my Pride Series. Short blurb:

Everything seems to be going Iian’s way, he has a successful restaurant, a beautiful home, family, and friends. He’s even overcome the loss of his hearing, but why does he still feels like something is missing.

Allison has worked hard to make a name for herself in the art world, now all she wants is peace and quiet to work on her passion. But, with her mother overtaken by illness, she has less time than ever. When everything is stripped away in one tragic blow, and she’s being stalked by a mad-man, she’ll need the help of her hometown and an old flame, to turn everything around and find what she’s been looking for.

Returning Pride is book three of the Pride Series Romance Novels, a sexy contemporary romance series by Jill Sanders.

Who or what was your inspiration behind it?

I love to create stories in my head, as far as inspiration, I think every book or story I've ever enjoyed has helped spark my imagination.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? 

The only bad criticism I've received has been on the lack of editing, which as an indie author seems to be always hard to cross all the T's and dot all the I's.

What was the biggest compliment? 

When people tell me they want to visit Pride, OR and actually get to know my characters.

What do you look for in a book when you sit down to read for fun? 

Good strong characters, strong descriptions of locations & people, chemistry between the characters and romance.
What has been your favorite part of being an author? 

Telling my stories & getting these people out of my head.

What has been your least favorite? 

Editing & promoting

When you walk into a book store, where do you head to first? Why?

 Romance section. It's what I do...

Did you get to quit your day job and become an author or do you still have a day job and writing is something you do for fun? If you still have a day job, what is it?

I did get to stop working outside the home. But, only because we moved from the hustle & bustle of city life to rural Texas where everything is slower.




What do you listen to when you write? Do you find one type of music over another that inspires you to write? Why?

 If I do listen to music, it's usually soft so it's not disruptive. U2, Pink Floyd, others like this. What can I say, I'm an 80's girl.

On a typical weekend, what can we find you doing? Who are you with?

Writing, working in the yard, walking with my family & dogs, playing basketball with family, cooking out & hanging out in the yard or going down t the beach for summer fun.

What genre are you most looking forward to exploring during your writing career? Why? 

I'm going to start getting into writing sci-fi and paranormal. I'm really looking forward to adding these aspects to my writing.

Who was your current novel dedicated to? Any particular reason?

 My family. I grew up with 6 siblings. They have all helped me in one way or another during my writing career. I can't thank them enough.

What are you currently reading?

 I'm reading & will review Sapphire Universe by Devon Herrera.

Who are your favorite authors?

I've enjoyed Nora Roberts for many years.
What authors inspired you to write this particular novel? Why? 

None really. I think every author or book I've ever read has inspired me in one way or another.

What 7 words would you use to describe yourself.

 Caring, funny, honest, enjoyable, mom, wife & romantic
Is there anything else that you would like to share or say to those who will read this interview?


If you enjoy a book from any author, please leave a review. It's like leaving a tip without having to pull out your wallet.

Returning Pride by Jill Sanders
ISBN-13: 978-1484949283
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing
Softcover (300 pages)

Purchase the book here:
Amazon

Book blurb:
Iian Jordan runs a successful restaurant that has been in his family for generations. He has a large beautiful house that overlooks the shoreline and his hometown. Why then, does he feel like something is missing? And he isn’t talking about his hearing, which he’d lost in a tragic accident over ten years ago. No, what he is missing is the person who’d just driven back into town. Someone he’s always loved from afar. Now, was when he needed to step up and grab what he wanted, before she gets away again. In the past two years, Allison Adams has made a name for herself in the art world. All she wants now is some peace and quiet from all hassles and pressures of her demanding career. Some time to get back to her roots and focus on painting. But, when she arrives home, she finds her mother trapped in an illness that consumes her every waking moment. Just when she thinks she knows the path she wants to follow, everything is taken away from her in one night and now she is being stalked by a mad-man. But, with the help of the good people in her hometown, and an old flame, she finds returning home was the best thing that could have happened to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment